Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Extending school hours-22.6.16

Extending school hours


We already come to school for six hours per day, which is thirty hours per week. Loburn School’s proposal to extend school hours would cause problems for teachers, other families with kids going to different schools, kids and parents going to work.


Starting school earlier would mean children won’t be able to be there and ready before 8:15 some days they would be tired and grumpy. Teachers don’t like grumpy children at school. I also don’t think we would get any more work done in that extra two hours.

The reasons I think this is because that would mean children would have to go to bed earlier. That would also affect some of the teachers having to get up earlier, the bus driver having a new schedule, also other families that have other children that have to go to other schools and parents having to go to work. With parents going to work they would have to get up earlier and then they could get grumpy and tired.

Those are my reasons on why I don’t think that it’s a good idea to have an extra two hours at school. I hope now that you’ve heard my ideas that you agree with me.

2 comments:

  1. Phoebe, you have really convinced me. I agree that there shouldn't be an extra two hours of school as I would have to get up a lot earlier than I already do. I like how you have given your reasons and then justified them with extra detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mum also agrees - definitely no to the extra two hours Phoebe. I can't get out of bed now let alone having to be earlier.

    ReplyDelete